Friday, October 17, 2008

"slogging" through

Ah, the sweet smell of Friday. And plan changes.

I am throwing my best friend Danielle her 24th birthday party which is also a halloween costume party...but Mark is down with the flu, and I'm not sure if I should have people here...confine him to the back and party down anyways...*which I might do* Poor baby. I was practically yelling at him last night because when he is sick, he is extremely dramatic and I was thinking I should call an ambulance or something. So much so I threatned him with it. He then laid down and quietly watched t.v. Today is not seeing much improvement, but mostly he is sleeping and I am keeping him medicated. What's the point of the flu shot if you actually get the full blown flu from it? Now I am sterilizing things and using germex and lysol wipes...I had the flu once and for the first time this year and I'll pass on it, thanks.

I'm getting used to this site, fiddling with the editing options and setting it all up, so it will probably see some changes in the next couple of weeks. Now if only the writing would improve. :) I stopped writing a while back and everytime I sit down to attempt it I am totally blocked. So I'm thinking maybe I should pick a specific direction, a satire blog or a family blog...but I hate being so limited. It's difficult writing this now, it's coming in spurts. (there is a visual.) So I think this entry will just be forced writing. I can only guess at this being the only way I finally get over the block. It used to be I would get enraged over a topic, or tickled or just need to vent and I could sit down and bang something out, now it takes me 3 hours to think of two things to say and by then I have MOVED ON.

I think I stopped writing after March sometime. We had a family incident (long story) and it burned me really badly, and I ended up with all this extra responsibility and just kind of got lost in it. I don't even read as much as I used to, and I am a voracious reader. And I'm learning I need to read and write in order to 1.) escape and 2.) get my thoughts in order. Let the poison out, express myself, blah blah. I'm also starting to learn (or have learned) that selfishness is the key to happiness. Mull over that if you choose to, as I have done, and I will explain it the next post.

No comments: