Monday, October 20, 2008

Where is the Manic in my Monday?


Today is nicely laid back, quiet and peaceful. Except for some minor/major turbulence, which I am not thinking about right now, everything is just fine. I think I finally got that peace of mind I was after, I feel like I might actually be on the other side of a few of my dark tunnels. It's kind of quietly amazing.


The party went off really well. Everyone was either dressed up or got that way with glow sticks or whatnot, and everyone looked awesome and we had a great time. Mark did end up sleeping in the back, and I missed him, but I still had a freaking ball. Vic said I could borrow his awesome wig for halloween! I hope to post pictures, probably on my myspace page. I think the birthday girl had a good time but it's hard to tell these days, since she is so wrapped up into her new b/f. Maybe more on that later.


Selfishness is the key to happiness...I said I would revisit it. In retrospect, I don't think I am ready to, because I haven't really gotten the flow of writing back yet. I'm already setting topics with nothing to back them up. Periodically during the weekend I tried to think of blog topics, or what am I going to write about on Monday, how will I write it, will it be any good? I came to the conclusion it doesn't matter if it's good, just that it's me. So I'm still working through the block.

I can't get over the weather right now. Something about this time of year just feels so right, I feel so connected and vital and beautiful, the weather is crisp and everything feels full color, FEELS like color, does this make sense? This is a particularly gorgeous fall as well, and I haven't lost a moment of it. I hope it lasts longer than previous years, I am in full mode to appreciate it.


No comments: